Makes a contribution to students’ overall development and enhances their learning.
This curriculum area covers:
- Visual Arts
The K-6 program caters for the needs of our multicultural population at St Agatha’s and as well encourages and guides those with specific learning needs and interests. Many activities lend themselves to integration across the other Key Learning Areas and make it a more meaningful experience for students.
The Creative Arts program aims to provide students with opportunities to:
- Develop self-expression and communication by making artworks and performing in music, dance and drama activities.
- Develop sensory awareness and imagination through many and varied learning experiences.
- Develop the ability to think and act creatively.
- Develop the skills necessary in each of the respective areas in order to enable them to function effectively at their level of maturation.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the arts from the past and present.
- Develop a positive self-concept.
- Enjoy themselves and develop an appreciation of their own individual efforts as well the ability to respect and praise the efforts of others.
- Learning experiences in Creative Arts may extend beyond the classroom, into the school environment and local community.
Active participation by individuals as well as group co-operation is encouraged.